Feb 14, 2013

happy v-day

I've been in a huge "winter funk" lately. Which basically means I don't want to do anything that requires effort or energy. Perhaps I'm hibernating. Or perhaps I'm suffering from S.A.D. Whatever the case, I finally decided to take a trip to the Asian food store by my house. There I gleaned all sorts of motivation to be productive and cook delicious foods.

I also gleaned some delicious purchases. All of them happen to be Korean, but I'm a tad biased that way since I lived there for a year:
Stuffed green-tea pancakes, Kalbi marinade and Aloe juice!

I made the brown-sugar stuffed green-tea pancakes this evening. They're very sticky and sweet, a perfect combination.


They went perfectly with the cookies my mom and I made for Valentine's day. (We make them every year, it's something of a tradition!)


I also tried my hand at Coconut Chicken with Sweet Chili Sauce. It was delicious, but where were a lot of dishes to clean up from it. Also, I dropped an entire piece of chicken on the floor, which this one swallowed whole and then promptly upchucked again. Along with everything else in his stomach.

Good thing he's cute.
So all in all I think my "winter funk" is starting to fade. Things are happening (I got my very first glimpse at my cover today!!!! Yay!). Slowly but surely. Things that I can share and get excited about. 

And there was a beautiful sunset this evening after so many days of rain:



No comments:

Post a Comment